HM Revenue & Customs

What happens if any of my details change, for example, my email address or my bank account - after I have filed my application?

You must submit an amendment to your original application as detailed in the answer to the above question. It is particularly important that these details are kept up to date as the Member State of Refund will use your bank details to make payment to you, and your email address to contact you, if necessary.

Please note: If the UK leaves the EU with no deal, the rules on reclaiming VAT from EU Member States will change. Further information on how this will affect the VAT EU refunds service can be found on