HM Revenue & Customs

How can I tell HM Revenue & Customs (HMRC) about other changes to my details?

The 'Change registration details' online service lets you change the most common business details, for example business name, trading name etc.

To make other changes such as if the business wants to leave or join a VAT scheme, you must write to HMRC explaining the change that is needed.

Further information on making changes to VAT registration details can be found on the GOV.UK website.