HM Revenue & Customs

Unique Taxpayer Reference (UTR)

You will only have a UTR if you are registered for Self Assessment.

A UTR will have been issued by HM Revenue & Customs when registering for Self Assessment. You will find it on your welcome letter and also on your tax return. It is made up of ten numbers, for example, 1234567890. Please enter the reference with no spaces.