- Description Help with Description
- Shop and premises
- Local council
- Local council reference Help with Local council reference
- Rating list Help with Rating list
- Effective date Help with Effective date
- 26 April 2019
- List alteration date Help with List alteration date
- 29 July 2022
- Valuation scheme reference Help with Valuation scheme reference
- Base rate Help with Base rate
- Measurement method Help with Measurement method
- Gross internal area
- Transitional relief certificate issued Help with Transitional relief certificate issued
- Special category code Help with Special category code
Sainsburys Gnd Flr 141-145, Tottenham Court Road, London, W1T 7NE
This is the rateable value for the property. It is not what you pay in business rates or rent. Your local council uses the rateable value to calculate the business rates bill.
Valuations for this property
|Valuations Help with Valuations||Effective date Help with Effective date||Rateable value|
|FUTURE from 1 April 2023||1 April 2023||£900,000|
|CURRENT 29 July 2022 to present||26 April 2019||£885,000|
|PREVIOUS 1 April 2017 to 28 July 2022||1 April 2017||£910,000|
|PREVIOUS 29 October 2021 to 31 March 2017||1 April 2015||£700,000|
|PREVIOUS 18 March 2014 to 28 October 2021||1 April 2010||£715,000|
The Valuation Office Agency (VOA) uses a ‘rental’ method to value high street businesses like shops, hairdressers, betting shops and banks.
The VOA gathers information about rents paid for shops and businesses. It analyses the information and works out a price per square metre. It also considers local conditions and things like unusual shops shapes, split levels and sales areas hidden by pillars.
Zoning is used to apply the price per square metre to the property and get the rateable value. Each zone covers the width of the shop and has a depth of 6.1 metres. Zone A starts at the shop window. As you move further into the shop, each zone is half the value of the one before it. Spaces like store rooms or upstairs offices are valued but not as a zone.
Features such as air conditioning and lifts may be shown separately in the valuation.
This property is part of valuation scheme 428062 which groups comparable properties together.
|Description||Area m²/unit||£ per m²/unit||Value Help with Value|
|Range of s floor all main areas||1,977||£450.00||£889,650|
|Rateable value (rounded down)||£885,000|
Help with current valuation
You can tell the Valuation Office Agency (VOA) that:
- your property details (such as floor area sizes and parking) need changing
- you think your rateable value is too high
You need a business rates valuation account to tell the VOA yourself or appoint an agent to do it for you.Sign in or register for an account
Your rateable value may change on 1 April 2023
The Valuation Office Agency (VOA) regularly updates the rateable values of all business properties in England and Wales to reflect changes in the property market. The next revaluation will come into effect on 1 April 2023.
Compare your property with others like yours and see their:
- rateable values
- rateable value calculations
Report a problem with this page.
If you are having trouble using this service, you can contact us for help.
Email address: email@example.com